The KACES hostel is a service institution established in 1972, managed by the Karnataka Christian Educational Society. Rev. Dr. C. D. Jathanna, then secretary laid the foundation for the Hostel building with the capacity of 118 students on 06.07.1971 and it was declared open on 22.11.1972 by Rev. Dr. C. J. Rossel friend and partner of KACES in the cause of education. Later in 1993, Rev. Dr. J.S. Sadananda, then KACES Secretary, envisioned the growing need to increase the hostel capacity in order to extend service to more students. Thus on 28.08.1993 Rt. Rev. D. P. Shettian (Bishop CSI-KSD) laid the foundation for the new hostel block and was inaugurated on 04.04.1994 by the then Moderator of the Church of South India Most. Rt. Rev. Dr. V. P. Dandin, which increased the hostel accommodation to 180 students.
Since its inception the hostel has been rendering yeomen service to the student community irrespective of their caste, creed and religion. The hostel down the years has become a witness for dialogue of life were students from various faith backgrounds come and stay in one place and grow together in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust. Being a home away from home the hostel gives due attention to molding the personality of the inmates so that they can become responsible citizens of the country.
- To cater the spiritual needs and moral welfare of the students residing in the hostel.
- To help the inmates to be good students by affording all the facilities for their studies
- To inculcate in them a sense of collective responsibility national unity, dignity of labour and self-help, a spirit of sacrifice for the common good for all.
- To organize religious educational, social and cultural programmes and to strive to develop the inherent talents of the students.
The uniqueness of the hostel is that the theological college students also stay with the students who pursue M.B.B.S, M.S.W, L.L.B, technical and other professional courses and thus inculcate an dialogic approach in their ministerial formation.
The KACES hostel is maintained and run under the control and management of the Karnataka Christian Education Society and is administered through the executive committee of the KACES, the warden and the hostel working committee.
KACES Hostel working committee:
Rev. Dr. Hannibal Cabral : (Chairperson) Rev. Dr. H.M.Watson Karnataka Theological College Rev. Sydney Salins Faculty representatives Mr. Chetan R : Principal, Hebich Technical Training Institute Rev. P.C.James (Superintendent) Mr. Immanuel Punith (Warden) Mr. R.A. Bangera (Asst. Warden Accounts)
From its inception many programmes are been organized for the benefit of the students:
- Independence day is been celebrated on August 15th every year. Students at this occasion organize blood donation camp, distribute fruits to the poor patients in the hospitals.
- Christmas is celebrated before 20th of December every year in a grand manner. Cultural programmes, carol singing, rain dance drama etc are also organized.
- On January 26th republic day is celebrated. The chief guest hoists the flag and addressed the hostel inmates.
- Hostel day celebrated in the month of February. As part of this celebration several sports and games are conducted, special dance programmes with D.J cultural program are organized.